Thursday, January 6, 2011

Slow Down on the Repeal Plans for Health Care Reform

For the past several days I've heard several GOP and TP members talk on and on about how they're going to repeal "Obamacare" for "me", as in the American people.  I'm sorry, I don't recall anybody asking me what I wanted.

I have two college-aged children  who both had to take time off from school for medical reasons.  I'm GLAD I can keep them on my insurance until they turn 26 so that they can get their medical problems sorted out without having to wrestle school at the same time just to qualify for coverage.

I'm glad that my insurance can't drop them for costing too much, or that they can't be denied for pre-existing conditions.  My kids didn't have any major problems until they got into college, so it's time for my insurance to take care of us instead of just drawing our premiums.

I'm glad that my dad's prescription medicine costs went down, especially since social security payments were frozen again.  **Although that's a different rant, at least high med costs aren't part of the bills I have to help him pay.  If you want to gauge cost of living, go by the cost of milk, bread, and gasoline, not cars and homes.  DUR**

So if you want me to believe you're looking out for ME, the average American, and not the insurance companies that have had lobbyists schmoozing you for months, SHOW ME that you actually have a plan before taking these benefits away from me.  Put your "better plan" into affect before repealing this one.  I'm hearing a lot of hollow talk, not much substance.  As my mother use to say, put up or shut up.  Show me what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment